In This Issue
Knowing The Rite Ritual, A Special Solstice Of Gratitude On Air Ritual With Lizzy Rose
Live And Interactive, How To Tune In And Take Part
What a Year, 2014 !
Knowing the Rite Ritual
Soul Star Radio Welcomes Lady Elizabeth Rose
December 18 / 19, 2014 globally
2pm 19th December Australian EDST
(which is) 10pm 18th December USA-EDT
Lizzy Rose will help us celebrate the Summer Solstice (Southern Hemisphere)
And the Winter Solstice (Northern Hemisphere)
We would really like to share with you for this the 2014 Solstice and take a look into how this age old time of celebration has evolved and what it means for us all, as we move into 2015.
“Solstice of Gratitude” on Air Ritual with Lizzy Rose on Soul Star Radio
Welcome to a most magickal time of year. Wherever we are in this incredible planet and no matter what our traditions and cultural influences, whether we are Jewish, Christian Scandinavian, Germanic, Celtic, Pagan or an Australian English Witch such as myself, in some way we honour this seasonal shift.
Join with me as the sun stands still and together we share in the longest day and night and the shortest day and night globally. For now is the time of the great grand Solstice.
There are so many variations for ritual practise and themes at the time of the solstice, some honouring the death of the Holly King for the Northern Hemisphere and the birth of the Oak King as the year waxes and grows.
For others the celebration of the death of the Oak King for the Southern Hemisphere and birth of the Holly King as the year wanes and fades. So why is this time so incredibly special? Why do we stop as the sun does and give thanks by gifting presents to family and friends, how does the sun standing still influence gift giving and why? Why do we honour the birth of many Gods at this time, and where is the mother the Goddess in this story?
1. Box of matches or a lighter
2. 1 Red Candle and candle holder
3. 1 White Candle and candle holder
4. Small bowl of water
5. Small bowl of salt
6. Small bowl of Frankincense resin
7. Small heat proof dish with 1 charcoal tablet
8. Red and White Altar cloth if possible
9. 1 piece of paper cut into a thin ribbon for a written inscription
10. 1 Pen
11. 1 pair of scissors’
12. Annointing oil Myrrh or Pine if possible
13. 1 Stick, twig or yule log whatever is easiest that you can find in your backyard or perhaps collect from the local park.
14. 1 white ribbon approx. length 30 cms
15. 1 red ribbon approx. length 30 cms
16. 1 green ribbon approx. length 30 cms
“Solstice of Gratitude”
As the Rite will be cast on radio its necessary prior to the show to collect the required items and set them up, take a look at the images here to give you an idea, however please set up you altar how you feel it suits you best. As what I’ve created is an intentional working altar and is to be used only as a guide.
Start by first laying down your cloth (if you have one) then place all of your items in the list above on your altar. The altar does not have to be large and remember when working magick it’s your intentions that make all the difference. Magick comes from within and is then expelled without and all around you, the ceremonial and working tools used in ritual are in my opinion designed to enhance and imbue your rite, encouraging your mind and will to be more focused and more disciplined. I personally like all the bits and bobs that come with creating a special Solstice adorned ritual, particularly when casting a rite with a group of people in person or virtually.
Now that all of your items are set up, please if you can take a few minutes prior to the radio show to relax and set up your computer or internet device, at least 10 minutes prior to be sure you can hear the show and eliminate or fix any audio problems or tuning that may occur as you connect.
This rite has been written to be gender and age inclusive and to enable casting for all peoples of all lands and those in any physical location. The rite has been kept simple to accommodate all belief systems and spiritual practises or religious persuasions. We are focusing on giving thanks in creating a powerful personal earth object that reflects on both the traditional winter yule log, as seen at this time with the festive Christmas tree and the joy of summer sun with the litha log. Combined, this log this piece of collected wood, is concentrated with your gratitude and with your artistic yet serious honouring of day and night, sun and moon and the return and demise of the Greenland’s.
The rite will be cast as follows
1. Consecration ceremony including the use of the water, salt, charcoal and incense.
2. Calling of the directions, East North West South, note not a Calling of the elements, due to this being a universal rite for both the Northern and Southern Hemisphere.
3. Invocation of the God and Goddess as Sun Father and Moon Mother including lighting of the candles representing the masculine and the feminine also extreme heat and extreme cold.
4. Meditation of gratitude
5. Casting of “Solstice of Gratitude” ritual tool, this involves anointing your wood with sacred oil, writing on your paper, adorning your wood with coloured ribbons, and the speaking of an Invocation with High Priestess Lady Elizabeth Rose, which will be announced during the casting and is centred on giving thanks.
6. Farewell of the God and Goddess
7. Farewell of the directions bringing end to the Ritual.
Live and interactive...
AUS 61-(02) 2-8488-3147
You can also send a facebook question on our event page or faceback fan page, for instructions on how to tune in and listen live, go to our listen live page, which shows you on the left of the page, which link to click, and on the right side of the page it shows you past show episode podcasts for your enjoyment. So If you miss the ritual, you can join us on the podcast when you play that show.
May you have a safe and peaceful season and a Happy and Prosperous New Year, we look forward to sharing with you more exciting information, guests and of course readings and guidance on air as we go along.
Lots of love
Jacquelene, Rene and the Soul Star Radio Team